- Call (780) 467-7557 or visit us for pricing and availability!
Goeppertia rufibarba 'Tropistar' (syn. Calathea rufibarba 'Tropistar')
- Unusual foliage plant with velvety, wavy-edged leaves.
- Purple new growth and leaf undersides.
- Pet-friendly; ideal for bathrooms and other areas with higher humidity.
- Light: Bright, indirect (north or east window). Leaves will scorch if exposed to hot afternoon sun.
- Water: Keep evenly moist, allowing just the soil surface to dry between watering. Do not allow to sit in water.
- Fertilizer: Use an all-purpose fertilizer such as Schultz Indoor Plant Food (10-15-10) twice monthly.
- Other tips: Requires relatively high humidity; avoid placing near heat registers. Leaf margins will turn brown if the air is too dry; mist frequently or use a humidifier to raise humidity if needed.