- Call (780) 467-7557 or visit us for pricing and availability!
Echinopsis pentlandii (syn. Lobivia aculeata)
- A species of hedgehog cactus with large (3-4 inch) flowers in spring.
- Blooms are variable, but usually a deep purple-red colour; a given plant will always bloom the same colour.
- Very dwarf, clumping, rounded stems; excellent for a sunny windowsill.
- Light: Very bright with as much direct sun as possible (west or south window).
- Water: Water when the soil has completely dried out in spring and summer. In winter, water lightly only if the stems begin to shrivel.
- Fertilizer: Use Schultz Cactus Food (2-7-7) up to twice monthly in spring and summer.
- Other tips: Grows best in an undersized pot. Use sharply-drained potting mix; we recommend Pro-Mix Cactus & Succulent Mix with extra perlite and small Orchiata added. This plant rots very easily when overwatered.
*Please note we do not ship live plants. All plants must be picked up in-store or curbside.